Supermarkets in Kenya
There used to be few supermarkets in Kenya, but their number is increasing quickly. All bigger cities and many smaller towns have them. Their quality is usually quite high, and higher than other countries in the region. Next to Kenyan and other regional brands, many Western brands are available here as well.
With 18 big stores, Nakumatt is the biggest supermarket chain in Kenya. It’s main competitor Uchumi used to be big too, but it had to close due to financial difficulties. Meanwhile it has reopened 14 shops again in major cities.
Some Kenya Supermarkets by City
- Nakumatt: Oginga Road
- Uchumi: Muliro Road
- Nakumatt: Moi Highway
- Uchumi: Kisumu Road
- Nakumatt: junction of Nairobi Road and Ondiek Highway
- Al Maddy Store, Harambee Avenue
- Bagdan Store, Harambee Avenue
- Nakumatt: Karen Shopping Center
- Nakumatt: Monrovia/Moktar Daddah Street
- Nakumatt: Mwanzi Road/ Ring Road (Westlands)
- Nakumatt: Old Embakasi Road
- Nakumatt: Uhuru Highway (Opposite Nyayo stadium)
- Uchumi: Koinange Street
- Uchumi: Langata Road
- Uchumi: Waiyaki Way (Westlands)
- Sona, Galana Shopping Centre
- Uchumi: off Mosque Hill Road
- A1 Supermarket: corner of Hospital Street and Digo Road
- Bestlady: Digo Road opposite Haile Selassie Road
- Nakumatt: Mombasa-Malindi Road
- Nakumatt: Nyerere Avenue (near Likoni Ferry)
- Uchumi: Haile Selassie Road
- Uchumi: Malindi Road
Food in Kenya
Kenya Appetizer Recipes
Kenya Dessert Recipes
Kenya Travel: Practicalities
From Supermarkets in Kenya to the Homepage
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.